Old Bay Seasoning recipes
Old Bay Steamed Crabs
1 dozen fresh crabs
1/2 cup OLD BAY® Seasoning
1. In a pot with a raised rack (minimum of 2 inches high), add equal quantities of water and vinegar to just below level of rack. Bring to a boil.
2. Carefully layer crabs on rack; sprinkle each layer with OLD BAY. Cover and steam 20 to 30 minutes depending on size of crabs or until crabs turn red.
Old Bay Fried Chicken
3 pounds chicken parts
2 tablespoons water
1 cup flour
1/4 cup OLD BAY® Seasoning
2 cups vegetable oil
1. Wash chicken and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg and water. Mix flour and OLD BAY in plastic bag. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then shake in flour mixture (a few pieces at a time). Discard any remaining flour mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Fry chicken about 15 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle chicken with extra OLD BAY for bonus flavor
1 pound lean ground beef or chicken
2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
1. In a bowl, mix ground meat and OLD BAY. Shape into 4 patties. Broil or grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through.
2. Pile on the favorite toppings: mustard, mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce, lettuce, pickle, tomato, cheese and the works. Sprinkle extra OLD BAY as a finishing touch.